Wednesday 27 May 2015

Reflection On This Adventure Part 1



Personal Learning & Reflection.

Weekly Reflections.

I have compiled all my weekly learning and reflections into the below section

So iv'e learnt a massive amount while creating this blog. I want to go over those aspects. Firstly i have learnt that little things can make big differences. Like with YouTube creating a simple thumbnail can increase views and subscribers. I have included thumbnails and cover photos for all the blog entries, this entices the user to view, it also makes the blog look tidy and professional.

Changes Made.

The only change i have made for the project is by not including the Wiki page on top of the blog and videos materials. There are two reasons for this, the first reason is because of time restraints, it was a large amount of information that had to be considered and realistically wastn feasible in the given time-frame. The second reason is because the videos included address many of these topics and includes far more learning styles rather than simple writing. I have sufficient material written in my blog posts on the given subject.

Ethical and Accessibility Issues.

Project Ethical Issues

There are several ethical issues surrounding my project, i will address a few. Firstly the main one is piracy. I could have easily pirated Kerbal Space Program in form of a torrent. This instantly encourages the use of the game from my blog but i also immediately destroy it by not supporting the company. The creators of this game are whats called Indie developers. this means they are independent from major publishing companies. This makes it difficult for these companies to make a budget if their software is not supported. It is extremely important to always support indie teams and the work they do.

Another ethical issue surrounding the project is the use of Kerbal space program within my tutorial, i may have been required to ask for permission to use their photos, artwork or other material, though i don't think this is the case. Me creating this tutorial actually markets the game further and may increase potential customers to Kerbal Space Program


Accessibility Issues

Accessibility Issues can include bad reception, Good reception to online material is extremely important, there is no point in creating online material for the masses to use if they dont know how to get it. I have been addressing this issue by linking social media and self promotion techniques to ensure that anyone can access it. I have firstly used twitter to promote my latest blog entries hash-tagging the Kerbal space program community #KSP. also directly to their page. I have also shared with the public community on Google+ amd creating Youtube videos directly linking back to the blog.

Graph of most popular countries among blog viewers
EntryPageviews
New Zealand
87
United States
75
Canada
13
Italy
12
Germany
10
United Kingdom
6
Australia
3
South Africa
3
Poland
1

Pageviews by Browsers

EntryPageviews
Chrome
151 (69%)
Firefox
38 (17%)
Internet Explorer
11 (5%)
Mobile Safari
10 (4%)
Safari
3 (1%)
Maxthon
2 (<1%)
SamsungBrowser
1 (<1%)
Image displaying most popular browsers

Pageviews by Operating Systems

EntryPageviews
Windows
138 (63%)
Android
44 (20%)
Macintosh
32 (14%)
Linux
2 (<1%)
Image displaying most popular platforms
As you can see by above, my blog is accessible on every platform on every browser. What is interesting is that i have a substantial amount of views from Italy. Because i have used Google Translate gadget within my blog, my blog is now view-able to every country in the world. This ensures there is no language barriers.




Technology & Technical Learning



Technology Map

Because logger wont let me use arrows or anything to directly tell you how it works, ill explain it. Blogger is where the content is. It is directly linked to my Google Plus account. Because i have implemented my Youtube Videos on my channel directly,  any views on the video while on the blog will increase views to the channel and increase awareness. Sharing on twitter when the post or blog is shared is also done automatically.


 















No comments:

Post a Comment